- Follow handling instructions printed on the Safety label of FIBC.
- Ensure FIBC is compatible and produced as per filling product. (Whether Edible/ Non- edible or hazardous, etc.).
- All applicable regulations and safety requirements should be followed.
- Always consult your manufacturer/supplier regarding Technical Details before buying.
- Protect the FIBCs from rain and prolonged sunlight, harmful UV rays and inclement weather.
- Do dispose of FIBCs in accordance with ecological requirements.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING AND DISCHARGING FIBCs
- Ensure Discharge Spout is correctly closed prior to filling of FIBC.
- Filling Spout / Duffle of FIBC should be closed as per FIBC manufacturer's instruction.
- Never exceed SWL( Safe Working Load) requirement as specified for a particular FIBC.
- Environment should be favorable for filling and emptying FIBC. Eg- Electrostatic concerns in flammable or explosive environments.
- Ensure that the filled FIBC is stable.
- Take appropriate measures in regard to dust control.
- People around should never stand under a suspended FIBC.
- Never suspend/ discharge FIBC using a single or fewer lift loop, sleeves, etc.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HANDLING FIBC WITH FORKLIFT, CRANE OR HOIST
- The lift truck must be in a good condition and sufficient to support the filled FIBC.
- The driver should maintain a clear line of sight while transporting a filled FIBC.
- The angle of the mast should be aligned/ titled to an appropriately.
- Ensure that the edges of the forklift tines are smooth or protected.
- Use lifting gear of sufficient capacity to take the suspended load.
- The forklift tines must be adjusted to a correct width to prevent damaging lateral forces.
- Forklift must be stopped prior to raising or lowering the FIBC.
- Never subject an FIBC to sudden lifts / stops.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FIBC WITH LINERS
- Liners should be Pre-Inflated before filling for better results.
- Extend open liners from filling and discharge Spout while filling or emptying respectively.
- Liners must be attached to FIBC properly so they do not come out/loose hold during discharge procedure.
- Tie off liners with spouts as instructed by the manufacturer.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STORAGE AND TRANSPORTATION OF FIBC
- Pallets used for storage and transportation of FIBC should be certified.
- Pallets should be free of nails or protrusions.
- Pallets should be of appropriate size and FIBC bags should not exceed out of it.
- Never remove or repair a damaged bag without first removing all bags stacked on top.
- Bags must be stacked against two stable walls of sufficient strength.
- Storage of filled bags in pyramid structure is suitable.
- Storage Facility or Warehouse must be free of water or moisture